We know that sometimes, our supporters are inspired to make the world a bit more kind – but aren’t sure about the next steps. What’s the best way to help? What should I be doing? The new #GetKind program is here to help! Each month, we will have a new theme to inspire your kindness quotient. Please use the hashtag #GetKind so we can share these great ideas, all year long!
Time for this month’s new #GetKind theme!
Your assignment: This June, the Random Acts team looks forward to your ideas for helping children. Tall, small – we want to hear how you spread kindness to the youngest members of our community. Let’s get started!
- Donate diapers, bottles and ‘onezies’ to your local hospital and help the needy get through their first few weeks at home with baby
- Use your academic skills and tutor at a school
- Have some free time? offer to babysit a family in need
- Volunteer at your local drop in center and make your favorite craft or play a board game
- Organize a playgroup. Or if you are feeling ambitious, lobby for a new playground or park where you live
- Clown around! Volunteer to make balloon animals or face paint at a children’s hospital. Extra credit: teach a kid to juggle!
- Donate baseball, movie or football tickets to kids who might not have access to a special day out
- Finished your spring cleaning? Donate gently used sports equipment to your little league or shelter. Or, give your less-than-stylish clothes to a local theater troop
- Artistic? Create a coloring book for your local children’s shelter based on famous places in your community
- Cook a meal together with the kids in your life (we recommend fast and fresh style)
Need more inspiration? Check out the Random Acts forums. You can contact your local Regional Representative, find areas of the forum dedicated to your home region, and view proposals and requests for help.
How do you #GetKind?