We’re on the road again this convention season, and this time we’re headed to Australia to mingle with our supporters (and hopefully a few notoriously cool Australian critters at some point) during The Hub Productions’ “All Hell Breaks Loose” Supernatural weekend!
From May 23 to 24 (Saturday and Sunday), we’ll be stationed in the vendors room, collecting items for two very special local nonprofits.
On Saturday, we’ll be in Melbourne collaborating with headspace Glenroy, one of 70 mental health centers around Australia that provide services for youth, including counseling, education and employment services, and substance abuse services. Over #AHBL weekend, we’ll be collecting items for their many programs, which offer interactive opportunities for young people ages 12 to 25; specifically, the organization has requested the following items:
- Pens, pencils, textas, and crayons
- Paper and notebooks
- Craft materials (cardboard, stamps, coloured /patterned paper, ribbons, magazines for collages
- Board games
- Playing Cards
- Adult coloring books
- Coles/Meyer gift cards (so that headspace Glenroy might purchase items for events they run for young people)
- Sporting equipment
Sunday May 24, Random Acts will also be present in #AHBL’s vendors room in Sydney, collecting donations of art supplies for the Sydney Children’s Hospital School, a K-12 school that operates within the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network to provide caring and stimulating educational services to hospital patients. This year, they have specifically requested the following:
- 8 art easels
- A variety of artist canvases (all sizes accepted)
- 6 point-and-shoot cameras to enhance the technology and visual arts learning programs
- Good Guys or similar gift cards or vouchers for staffers to purchase various necessary items not listed here
- Monetary donations are also welcome (if donating to the Sydney Children’s Hospital School, please make sure you specify that you’d like the cash donation to go to them).
Make sure you stop by if you’re headed to the convention next week, and bring along an item or two to help Random Acts #GetKind for others! We’ll also be hosting a variety of fun activities and discussing upcoming programs, like Class Act and Dreams to Acts: Nicaragua (our next destination project) if you happen to have any questions. Don’t forget to tag any social media posts with #AHBL and #GetKind throughout the weekend so we can show off all the amazing things you’re doing!