This year, the internets are celebrating the second annual #GivingTuesday — a day dedicated to celebrating the charities in our lives on which we rely and work with.
Need a few ideas?
- If you’d like help those affected by the recent storms in the Philippines, Red Cross Philippines and UNICEF are accepting donations through their websites and via text.
- CAWC provides a safe haven for women and their children, as well as a 24-hour bilingual hotline for those who need help. To find out more about the CAWC and to donate, you can visit their website.
- The Downtown Women’s Center is dedicated to supporting the homeless and low-income women of downtown Los Angeles’ Skid Row community. You can support the DWC through their Etsy store: MADEbyDWC.
- The Art Creation Foundation for Children provides the children of Jacmel with artistic skills that help them have a brighter future. You can find out more on their website.
- There’s also this crazy foundation that Misha Collins co-founded called Random Acts. To donate or to find out how you can get involved visit: beta.randomacts.org.
Of course, giving a donation is important and if you can support a charity financially, that is a great gift. However, it’s not the only way to give.
Everyone has talents — share those gifts with the world around you! Keep up with our blog to hear about ways to be kind you may not have thought of yet. A little bit of kindness can have a big impact.