With just a short time left until E4K, and after providing some handy hints and tips on how to get involved it’s time to turn to the practicalities on how to sign up and register.
Here’s a step by step guide on what you need to do once you have decided what your endurance event is going to be.
- Fill in the E4K Participation Form. The fields should be fairly self-explanatory but I have included a sample below so you can see what’s required.
- Head to Pledge4Good.
- Select ‘Create a Pledge’.
- Choose ‘Random Acts’ as your non-profit.
- Now, what you do next is up to you. You can either enter a dollar amount to donate to yourself to get the ball rolling
Or you can donate zero to yourself. Please note that if you live outside the US you will need to set the donation to zero or you will be asked to provide details of a US registered credit card.
- Next you need to define your achievement. This is what people will be pledging for you to do.
- At this point if you wish to cap the amount people can donate to you, you can do so here. So, for example, if you get people to pledge per km you run and you wind up running 83km. The most anyone will have to pay will be the amount in this box ($50 using the sample below). If you leave it blank there’s no limit.
At the end of this stage, your screen should look something like this:
- Click next.
- You’ll then need to sign up with Pledge4Good.
- And all that’s left to do is share the details of your pledge with your friends, family and colleagues and get them donating.
Now I’ll quickly go through the process of how to pledge to someone else if you’re not participating in the event (or if you are participating and want to donate to someone else as a random act of kindness).
- Find the profile page of the person you want to donate to and click ‘join pledge’.
- Although the amount of $5 shows up in the box, this is just an example. You MUST enter an amount here or your pledge will be registered as $0.
- If you wish to cap your donation (so if Misha runs 200km, you pledge $1 per km and you set the cap to $100, the most you will pay is $100. If you leave this blank, you will owe $200).
- You will then be prompted to enter your credit card information if you are resident in the US.
- If you reside outside the US, you will not have the option to amend the amount you wish to pledge. Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you have to pledge $5 per item. Simply click the international donation link as shown below.
You will then be taken to an international pledge form which you need to fill in as below.
And you are done!
If you have any questions about the pledging process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.